Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Riverpark, Tom Colicchio s riverfront restaurant, is a one-of-a-kind destination to dine and celebrate. Riverpark s modern American menu showcases ingredients grown on the restaurant s own Riverpark Farm located just a stone s throw from the kitchen. Riverpark also features versatile event spaces as well as our weekday caf /grab-and-go, Little River. The educational and growth opportunities are boundless at this dynamic, multi-faceted restaurant. Come build a career with us at Riverpark.
The Senior Event Manager will oversee the execution of assigned events to ensure optimum performance, superior guest service, and maximum profitability of all functions. Maintain quality, service, and operating standards as established by the Company to ensure quality and consistency. Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning health safety or other compliance requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the below.
- Managing the activities of an event shift; scheduling and assigning work to ensure proper shift coverage
- Continuing and ensuring the proper training of all staff by creating engaging training materials and that they have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions
- Ensuring that all event spaces are set-up according to the event order. Conducting pre-function meetings with scheduled staff to review all information pertinent to the setup and service of each event. Inspecting scheduled function areas/rooms, table set-ups, bar set-ups, buffet tables, receptions and coffee break areas for cleanliness, attractiveness, proper layout, and health code compliance
- Meeting with kitchen staff to review scheduled event menus and details
- Coordinating any AV equipment, or other technical needs
- Ensuring guests are greeted upon arrival. Responding to guest requests and complaints in a prompt and professional manner. Making appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction
- Reviewing guest check with client after function and obtain applicable signatures
- Monitoring and maintaining procedures to ensure the security and proper storage of event inventory and equipment. Replenishing supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely manner and minimizing the misuse and breakage of china, glassware, linen, and supplies
- Maintaining the security of monies, credit and financial transactions for both events and the restaurant
- Assisting in controlling departmental labor and expenses
- Ensuring that all event facilities and equipment are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volumes
- Promoting teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with event staff and other departments
- Ordering, storing, and keeping inventory of supplies for events and the restaurant related to china, glass, and silverware
- Interacting with outside vendors to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, and to resolve any vendor performance issues
- Reviewing par levels for supplies and equipment and completing requisitions to replenish shortages or additional items needed for anticipated business
- Assisting in the interviewing and hiring of event staff
- Understanding the Floor Manager duties in the restaurant and possessing the ability to serve as a Floor Manager when necessary in both opening and closing capacities
- Exhibiting willingness to assist event staff and restaurant staff with their job functions during peak periods
- Ensuring accurate and timely completion of administrative tasks which directly affect the efficiency of the restaurant operations and events setup service, and completion
- At least 3-4 years experience in events, banquets, restaurants, or food and beverage operations including 1-2 years supervisory experience
- Clear, strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to interact with customers, employees, and third party vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to create and present verbal and written presentations on various subject matters, including management reports, event orders, inventory sheets, and procedures
- Ability to compute numbers, reconcile daily financial documents, inventory goods, conduct analysis and make business recommendations to ensure costs are in line with budgets
- Ability to problem solve, reason, motivate, and train
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Riverpark is an EEO Employer
Loading some great jobs for you...