Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate s portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry s most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
The James NoMad joins sister hotel The James SoHo, in offering 'urban explorers calm and cool experiences' in NYC. Situated on the corner of 29th Street and Madison Avenue, the 337-room luxury boutique hotel is in the heart of Manhattan's desirable NoMad neighborhood. The hotel boasts a modern yet classic design, acclaimed signature restaurant Scarpetta, cocktail lounge The Seville, and creative programming including their "New Moon Ritual'.
The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for soliciting new catering accounts, entertaining and sustaining relationships with existing accounts to meet and/or exceed revenue goals. He/she must have a strong knowledge of social and corporate catering market and understand the importance of prospecting in creating new sales opportunities for the hotel. The position will also include group sales goals in conjunction with catering sales events
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Follow up on all leads within 24 hours with written correspondence.
- Know meeting room setups and capabilities.
- Know sleeping room configurations and types.
- Respond to Catering & Group inquires immediately.
- Use the Partnership Agreement to meet client needs.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of all operational departments within the hotel guest services, reservations, housekeeping, audio visual, switchboard, accounting, restaurants, bars, and engineering.
- Maintain pricing integrity and propose upscale menus for clients.
- Manage existing accounts and follow up with client re-solicitation to capture future business.
- Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
- Manage Delphi and adjust space in order to ensure maximum potential revenue.
- Use feedback from client evaluations to improve service and quality.
- Responsible for achieving individual group revenue goals
- Focuses on the assigned group industries as well as uncovering new opportunities
- Generates data, analyzes, and owns actions on assigned industries/territories
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with assigned accounts
- Attends appropriate trade shows, organizes sales trips in local market & key feeder cities as directed by the DOSM
- Incorporates marketing opportunities into sales activities when applicable
- Utilizes prospecting tools i.e. CoStar, and Knowland Group to full potential to uncover new potential markets, accounts, etc.
- Establishes relationships with local neighborhood businesses/organizations.
- Keeps current on new competition, changes in the market and needs of the hotel
- Is an active member in local industry associations, knows colleagues with same role in competitive brands, reports back industry trends to the field.
- Attends property specific receptions on an as needed basis
- Organize and execute local area blitzes
- Actively sets seasonal promotions for targeted group accounts
At least 2 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field or a 4 year college degree and 3 or more years of related experience.
Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
Proficiency in Delphi preferred.
Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
Medium work Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
Perform other duties as requested by management.
Associated topics: director of sales, leader, manager, manager of sales, principal, regional sales manager, sales leader, sales manager, shift lead, supervisor
Loading some great jobs for you...